Much like mothers, it is also important to celebrate milestones in a father’s life as well. Whether it is a celebration for Father’s day, for a birthday, promotion, or even just because, a trip to Naples, Florida could be just what the doctor ordered to show your dad how much you care.
One of the major attractions in the Naples area is the various golf courses. Many are available to the public, including:
- Lely Resort Golf and Country Club: This community features two courses that re available to the public – the Mustang Course and the Flamingo Island Course. The Mustang Course features eighteen holes and was designed to make the game challenging but fair for even the average golfer. The Flamingo Island Course also has eighteen holes and is a true “Florida course” with flat fairways, water hazards and strategically placed bunkers.
- Naples Beach Hotel & Golf Club: The Naples Beach Hotel and Golf Club features an 18 hole golf course, which happens to be the oldest golf course in Naples, as well as a driving range and 2,000 square foot pro shop to fulfill all of your golfing needs.
If golf isn’t appealing but dad still loves the outdoors, there are plenty of activities he can participate in where he can soak up the sun and enjoy the sites.
Kids coming along for the trip? Many of the activities are fun for dad and child friendly. They include:
- Boat Rentals at Naples Bay Resort:The Naples Bay Resort offers a variety of rentals to meet all of your needs. Looking to enjoy some water sports or fishing? Offering everything from 24’ Hurricane Deck Boats to single or tandem kayaks, Naples Bay Resort is the place to go. Pack a picnic and head to Keewaydin Island with eight miles of deserted beach.
- Dolphin Explorer: This tour allows you to see dolphins up close and personal in their natural environment, visit bird rookeries, and also visit a barrier island where you can hunt for shells. You’re onboard with marine researchers and can assist them in collecting data for the 10,000 Islands Dolphin Project. The tour was even approved by National Geographic!
- Everglades Kayak: If you want to explore the Everglades, Everglades Kayak, Everglades Rentals and Eco Adventures and Everglades Area Tours are all great choices to explore the Gulf Coast portion of Everglades National Park. They kayak rentals, so you can explore nature on your own, as well as half day, whole day, and multi-day tours.
- NaplesZoo:The Naples Zoo offers a variety of activities besides viewing the animals, including hand feeding the herd of giraffe, a boat tour to view the cage-free island homes of the zoo’s primate species, shows at the Safari Canyon Theater and a historic tropical garden.
- Pure Naples: Pure Naples offers a wide variety of options including eco cruises, fishing, jet boat rides, boat and Jet Ski rentals and shelling excursions.
- Sea Gone Fishing: Sea Gone Fishing offers backwater and offshore fishing charters with experienced captains who can help you get the “big catch” you, can brag about for years to come.
Is your dad not a fan of the outdoors? Never fear, there are plenty of indoor activities he can participate in as well:
- Burn by Rocky Patel: This cigar lounge offers a sanctuary to those looking to enjoy fine cigars in an environment mixing Mediterranean, Asian and Cuban Cultures. The first-in-the-world signature cigar and spirits lounge created by cigar impresario Rocky Patel, a Naples resident, also offers many happy hour deals, making it a great place to wind down in the afternoon.
- Marcus Daniel Tobacconist: This cigar merchant offers custom blend hand-rolled cigars, pipes and other gadgets – everything a cigar aficionado could need.
- Pinchers Crab Shack:Pinchers offers the best in fresh, local seafood in the Southwest Florida area. Offering pounds of crab, fresh caught seafood entrees and sandwiches, and a variety of pastas, there is something for everyone on the menu.
- Seminole Immokalee Casino:Located in the greater Naples area, this casino offers dad the chance to try his luck with more than 34 live table games and 1,200 Vegas-style slot machines, as well as enjoy live music in the Zig Zag Lounge.
- Tommy Bahama:Tommy Bahama Restaurant, Bar & Store offer everything you could need, including great lunch and dinner dining, awesome specialty drinks at happy hour, and a variety of island-inspired outfits for you to purchase.
- Alto Live Jazz Kitchen: Alto is a fusion of great jazz and great food. This new supper club at Bayfront recalls the spirit of the Jazz Age speakeasy. Its inspiration is Philadelphia’s Zanzibar Blue, where owner Charles Mereday was executive chef in the 1990’s.
With the wide variety of activities available in Naples, Marco Island and the Everglades your dad will wonder why you didn’t plan a longer stay. To get started booking your trip today, browse for available hotels in Naples area here.Back to top of page