Naples, Florida is 'the Golf Capital of the World'
Information about golf courses, instruction, tournaments and tee tips.
Create your own golf vacation along the Paradise Coast of Naples, Marco Island and the Everglades by booking online with one click at www.visitnaplesgolf.com.
- Greater Naples has approximately 90 18-hole golf courses, with about 30 of those courses accessible to the public.
- Play top-rated courses by staying as a guest at their affiliated resort hotels – for Tiburon Golf Club, stay at either The Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort, Naples or The Ritz-Carlton, Naples beach resort; stay at either Naples Grande Beach Resort or The Edgewater Beach Hotel and play the Naples Grande course; or stay and play at LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort and The Naples Beach Hotel & Golf Club.
- Golf novices and beginners tee it up at executive tracks such as the Links of Naples or at the renovated Riviera Golf Club.
- Check with your hotel concierge – he or she may be able to find you a tee time at one of the area's top private courses.
- Many of the area courses are for private members only in the winter months, but open for public use in the summer and fall months from May through December. These courses call themselves semi-private.
- The greater Naples area welcomes some major PGA and LPGA golf stars each year. The PGA co-sanctions the Greg Norman hosted Franklin Templeton Shootout at Tiburon Golf Club in December. LPGA's CME Group Titleholders brings the top stars of the LPGA to Tiburon in November, and the ACE Group Classic at TwinEagle in Naples is a popular stop for the PGA Champions Tour in February.
- For high-profile golf instruction, you can't beat the offerings along the Paradise Coast. TOURAcademy instruction is available at Tiburon Golf Club alongside The Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort; golf instruction is available at Marco Island Marriott's The Rookery at Marco's two courses; the David Leadbetter Golf Academy is based at LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort; the Wayne Dahlstrom Academy of Golf is available at Lakewood Country Club between Naples and Marco Island; PGA Tour Superstore offers clinics and one-on-one instruction and swing analysis; and there is an instruction program at The Naples Beach Hotel & Golf Club. These and other golf instruction programs allow visitors to combine resort vacations with either intense learning or targeted refresher courses.
- Did you know if your ball ends up anywhere near an alligator, you are entitled to a free drop? Enjoy the wildlife but keep your distance from alligators and bring your binoculars to enjoy our many birds.
- The lush, green and relatively flat terrain of most courses can lull golfers into a false sense of security. Some courses may play faster or differently than you might expect.
- Florida's Bermuda grass grows differently than northern grasses. Do not replace your divots, as the grass will die. Instead, fill divots with sand.
- Local public golf course favorites include the Lely Flamingo Island and Mustang golf courses and the Quality Inn & Suites Golf Resort.
- The TPC Treviso Bay, an Arthur Hill course design, is one of the newer courses in East Naples.