The Pigeon Comes to Naples! A Mo Willems Exhibit at C'MON
May 27, 2023 - September 3, 2023
The Pigeon Comes to Naples! A Mo Willems Exhibit makes its debut on May 27, 2023 at the Children's Museum of Naples (CMON). Co-organized by Children's Museum of Pittsburgh and The Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art, the exhibit is inspired by the art and characters of the beloved children's book author and illustrator, Mo Willems.
Many familiar characters will be featured, including best friend duo Elephant and Piggie, faithful companion Knuffle Bunny, and The Pigeon, the wily city bird best known for his antics in Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus! Activities will give visitors the opportunity to make art that is inspired by Mo Willems and to learn about the rich social and emotional lives of the author's characters. The exhibit will also feature prints of illustrations, including sketches and other preliminary materials, by Mo Willems.
In this play-and-learn exhibit, visitors can:
· Have a hilarious conversation in the voices of Elephant Gerald and Piggie at a double-sided phone booth.
· Make Elephant and Piggie dance with old-time animation.
· Put on a wearable bus and take a drive around the exhibit.
· Spin the laundromat washing machine and uncover Knuffle Bunny and other surprises!
· Dress up Naked Mole Rat and send him down the runway for a one-of-a-kind fashion show.
· Stack lightweight blocks to create their own terrible monster or funny friend.
· Launch foam hot dogs at The Pigeon and play the plinko game to give the Duckling a cookie.
· Try out art techniques that Mo uses for his own books.
Locally sponsored by the Tourism Development Council of Collier County and Florida Department of State, Division of Arts and Culture,The Pigeon Comes to Naples! A Mo Willems Exhibitwill be on display at the Children's Museum of Naples through September 3, 2023.
The Children's Museum of Naples is open Thursday through Tuesday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. General admission is $20, $15 for local residents; free for members. For more information, please call 239-514-0084 or visit the museum website: cmon.org.