Naples, Fla., May 18, 2023 – Resort openings and transformations top the list of what’s new in Florida’s Paradise Coast. Upcoming events and happenings on Florida’s Paradise Coast include:
Resort Openings & Transformations
- Evolution of an Icon at The Ritz-Carlton, Naples: On July 6, 2023, The Ritz-Carlton, Naples will debut the ‘Evolution of an Icon,’ a comprehensive transformation of the guest experience that pays homage to nearly forty years of iconic experiences. Featuring a stunning new lobby and Lobby Bar, an expansive Ritz-Carlton Club Lounge, three new dining outlets, a redesigned pool experience, and newly designed guest rooms, The Ritz-Carlton, Naples extends its legacy of world-class amenities and extraordinary guest service. Offering 92 new luxury suites and a sprawling Ritz-Carlton Club Lounge, the interior design evokes glamor and sophistication, borrowing timeless cues that pay homage to the journey of travel, while more spacious layouts and elegant bathroom redesigns elevate the guest room experience. The all-new Ritz-Carlton Club Lounge will be unlike any other in the brand, spanning 4,000 square-feet with dramatic floor-to-ceiling ocean views and an exclusive cocktail bar, as well as new concepts and engaging experiences that enliven the all-new space.
- Naples Beach Club:The Athens Group and MSD Partners, L.P. are redeveloping the legendary Naples Beach Hotel & Golf Club into the Naples Beach Club, a 125-acre resort and residential beachfront development offering a one-of-a-kind, luxury lifestyle destination to its residents. This special coastal community will include up to 160 luxury residences designed by Hart Howerton and Champalimaud Design and will be managed by Four Seasons (the luxury brand’s first foray on the Gulf Coast of Florida) with club programming by Discovery Land Company. The first phase of homes will include 58 Beachside Residences with Beach Houses and Penthouses as well as Golfside Residences, all conveying the Gulf Coast’s relaxed aesthetic. The first phase of homes are for sale now, with construction underway. Naples Beach Club, located on 1,000 feet of white sand beach, will include amenities such as a luxury spa, golf course, tennis court and beachfront dining options with restaurants such as HB’s on the Gulf and the Sunset Beach Bar.
- Great Wolf Lodge: South Florida families looking to strengthen their pack will have a new, year-round, fun, adventure-filled getaway as Great Wolf Resorts, Inc., North America’s largest family of indoor water parks, opens its doors in Naples, FL in Fall 2024. It will be the brands 21st resort in North America, featuring 500 family-friendly suites and an expansive 100,000-square-foot indoor water park that includes body and tube slides, raft rides, activity pool and splash areas for toddlers, teens, parents, and grandparents. The property will include the Great Wolf Adventure Park, a 62-square-foot family entertainment center that includes MagiQuest, a live-action adventure game where players use magic wands to battle goblins and dragons. Dining options will range from pizza and burgers to upscale dining and premium ice cream treats at Wood’s End Creamery. It will also feature 13,000 square feet of flexible meeting space, breakout rooms, built-in A/V technology and catering services for corporate groups. As part of Green Wolf Lodge’s “Project Green Wolf”, the resort will feature several energy and water conservation measures including energy-saving LED lighting and custom water filters.
- Compass Hotel by Margaritaville: TPI Hospitality, the Minnesota-based developer and hotel management company, has teamed up with Margaritaville to open a Compass Hotel by Margaritaville location in Naples, FL. The renovation is scheduled to be complete by December 2023, the all-suite property will feature 120 fully equipped rooms and will be located only 27 miles from Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW). With a boutique hotel look and feel, amenities include “Sunrise at Compass” complimentary breakfast buffet, Welcome Cabana with daily light snacks and refreshments, 5 o’Clock Somewhere Bar & Grill, and The Backyard – a destination unto itself with a pool, live entertainment, backyard games, palm tree tables, fire tables, and multiple social gathering areas. Guests can reserve their trip to paradise beginning July 2023.
- AC Hotels by Marriott: The brand’s signature Perfectly Precise Hotel experience is coming to the heart of Old Naples, Florida. Slated to open December 2023, AC Hotel Naples will stand three stylish stories at a prominent intersection along the city’s unofficial Main Street. This well-designed property combines a particular sophistication with a host of practical comforts, striking the perfect balance of form and function. With curated artwork evoking a true sense of place, AC Hotel Naples will comprise:150 sleek, modern guest rooms, a ground-floor café and lobby, a rooftop pool, 2,500 square feet of divisible meeting space and Limón, a destination rooftop restaurant with indoor and outdoor seating. AC Hotel Naples is the hospitality component of Naples Square, a mixed-use development that will include nearly 300 luxury condominium units, multiple restaurants, and a 350-seat performing arts complex in addition to the new hotel.
- Innovation Hotel: Innovation Hotel was specifically designed to foster momentum at the intersection of health care and hospitality. The modern hotel and meeting venue in Naples, FL that offers a fully immersive educational experience,169 guest rooms, a creative environment for meetings and a 20,000-square-foot wellness center. It utilizes Synexis ™ microbial reduction technology which minimizes the presence of viruses, bacteria, and mold in the air and on surfaces. A range of settings fosters and maintains energy and collaboration, utilizing technology provided by contemporary event venues, a state-of-the art cinema and a creative environment that encourages meaningful, life-changing work.
- The Capri Inn: A boutique-style hotel in the heart of Florida’s Paradise Coast, The Capri Inn is open and welcoming guests with a refined style and truly superb location, just a short stroll from the excitement of downtown Naples, Florida. Formerly Trianon Old Naples, this destination gem has been fully reimagined, boasting immaculately furnished accommodations, oversized bathrooms, and terraces or balconies. A private cottage for guests seeking the most spacious and secluded accommodation has also undergone a complete renovation and includes two bedrooms with its own private gated entrance, full kitchen, washer and dryer, and living room with a fireplace.
The Culinary Scene
- Warren American Whiskey Kitchen: The Warren American Whiskey Kitchen will open in Naples’ Design District in Spring 2023. Described as a scratch kitchen with a world-class whiskey collection and contemporary American cuisine, the new restaurant will feature a lounge space for their private cocktail club and host an array of benefits for members. The Warren American Whiskey Kitchen has only one other location in Delray Beach, making this an exciting and unique new offering in Naples
Art & Culture & Attractions
- Frida and Her Garden at Naples Botanical Garden: As part of ¡ARTE VIVA!, guests can immerse themselves in the world of Mexican artist Frida Kahlo at Naples Botanical Garden. The exhibition, Frida and Her Garden, features a re-creation of Kahlo’s iconic home, La Casa Azul (the Blue House), runs through Sept.10. Guests enjoy a unique experience as to how flora and fauna inspired this iconic artist’s art and her life. Monumental animal sculptures can be found throughout the Garden. Frida and Her Garden is supported by Fifth Third Bank and paradisecoast.com, with special thanks to Museo Frida Kahlo, Banco de México Diego Rivera, and Frida Kahlo Museums Trust.
- Naples Zoo at Caribbean Gardens: Naples Zoo is pleased to announce that they will be opening a new exhibit this summer featuring a critically endangered species. For the first time in the Zoo’s 50-year history, they will be providing a home to four Borneo orangutans in a newly formed exhibit. These red-haired, great apes will be a playful addition to the Zoo’s education and conservation programs. The Zoo partners with several organizations including the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS) to assist with conservation and rehabilitation programs for endangered Florida panthers. Additionally, the Zoo offers education programs including guided tours, field trips, family programs, and distance learning programs for Collier County Public Schools.
- Rookery Bay Research Reserve Environmental Learning Center Events: This summer, the Rookery Bay Environmental Learning Center will offer art and photography classes for visitors. On June 8th and July 13th, visitors are welcome to paint the beauty of coastal Naples and the wildlife of estuary waters in this watercolor painting class. Local artist Jan Deswik offers step-by-step simple instructions and creative support perfect for beginners or anyone inspired by the coastal environment and wants to bring it to life in a one-of a-kind painting. Each class spotlights a natural theme from shells to birdlife to local waterways. Those looking to learn how to capture the best wildlife photos can visit on June 17th and July 22nd to learn from a local photographer. The class covers the essentials of the digital camera, such as shutter, aperture, ISO control and the drive modes to create images with impact and creativity. These creative classes are the perfect opportunity to learn how to capture the destination’s beautiful natural features through art.
For more information on Florida’s Paradise Coast, visit https://www.paradisecoast.com.
About Florida’s Paradise Coast
The Naples, Marco Island, Everglades Convention & Visitors Bureau (CVB) is the official source for area travel and tourism information about Florida's Paradise Coast. Located in Southwest Florida, this premier vacation and meeting destination offers leisure and business travelers a variety of exceptional year-round amenities and attractions. Set along a 30-mile Gulf of Mexico coastline ribboned with white-sand beaches, visitors will discover a sophisticated yet casual atmosphere highlighted by a lively social scene, robust arts and culture activities, exceptional restaurants, luxury boutique shopping and plenty of outdoor adventure experiences. Home to over 90 public and private golf courses, sports enthusiasts have access to a variety of championship courses; pickleball and tennis facilities; and water activities ranging from kayaking to sailing charters. Outdoor adventures include exploring the world-famous Everglades – the only sub-tropical mangrove wilderness in the U.S. and home to endangered wildlife and over 350 species of birds. Florida’s Paradise Coast is truly where the high life meets the wildlife. Recent accolades include being named the No. 1 “Best Beach Town in the U.S. to Live In,” No. 1 “Healthiest and Happiest City in America” and “One of the Best Small Cities in the U.S.” Located just two hours from Miami, three hours from Tampa, and four hours from Orlando, Florida’s Paradise Coast is easily accessible by Interstate highway. Travelers outside of the Sunshine State can fly into Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW), Punta Gorda (PGD), Fort Lauderdale (FLL) and Miami (MIA). For more information about Florida’s Paradise Coast, call 800-688-3600, visit ParadiseCoast.com, and follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.