In this age of omnipresent digital communication, meetings still matter more than ever.
Here are just five benefits of in-person meetings:
1. Creativity – To compete in today’s rapidly changing business environment, creativity is king. When employees are in a place that sparks innovative thinking, free from distractions, creative ideas flourish.
2. Focus – The focus attained by being away from the office helps employees see the big picture and plan future initiatives, resulting in increased productivity.
3. Motivation – Because a meeting away is a special event, employees take it more seriously and perform at a higher level. A meeting away also rewards employees with fun experiences, fostering goodwill, loyalty and renewed motivation to give their company their all.
4. Team-Building – Professional team-building exercises or simply shared recreational activities create a much stronger bond than just talking, resulting in a unified and inspired workforce.
5. Balance – All work and no play can make a company’s growth pretty dull, too. A meeting that includes relaxing activities such as a spa visit or golf will recharge employees and make them more productive at the meeting itself and back at the office.